Friday, January 15, 2010

service?

In my efforts to help a grieving family I walked away from a garage sale with yards and yards of fabric. I joined 2 quilt guilds last year and one of the very active ladies in the guild passed away last month. Her family organized and had a sale of her fabric and projects. I managed to NOT bring home any of her unfinished projects, as tempted as I was but since I love reproductions I got many of those. They had measured each piece and marked it with the yardage then sold it for $3 a yard. It is all quilt shop fabric, which sells between $7-9 a yard. Fat quarters were .75. Tell me I should not go back tomorrow morning...
First time I've been to a garage sale and offered appetizers and wine.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Sooooooooo great. Seriously what a great sale