Friday, January 22, 2010

Roast Beef

Beef? Yes, beef! I think it has been months..... years since I cooked a roast. When Melissa was here in October I think we cooked a brisket.... I went grocery shopping Thursday morning at 6 a.m. and bought a roast and onion soup mix. Then that morning I put it in the crockpot with 1 can of diced tomatoes, a can of cream of mushroom soup and the soup mix. I'd read the recipe in Paula Deen's magazine, an Easter one, but I couldn't remember how hot or how long to cook it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't high since dinner was ready at 1 p.m. It sure tasted good. I bought frozen rolls, (not a fan of that) made mashed potatoes and opened a can of green beans. Pretty easy meal.
The boys wondered what it was since they have never had a regular roast in their life! Sad, but true, when you are born to OLD parents you may get stuck with their cholesterol lowering diet.

No comments: