Tuesday, November 24, 2009

books

I went to get my sewing machine today and stopped at The Painted Pony and Quilts. I got to sit and looked at 3 new books. I'm trying to remember what they were.....

  • Some new strip pieced book that had a fabulous plaid quilt; sew strips of color coordinated plaids into large squares, then make it into a drunkards path with a different set of strips of plaid. I loved about 4 quilts in the book. I think its 'STRIPS and STRINGS' or it could be Strip Easy.
  • New Cuts for New Quilts; more ways to Stack the Deck was very interesting to me. I've never done a quilt using this method, but she has a couple in there that would be fun and easy. I saw the book and the quilt at Quilt Market this year. This is the wrong book too. it's this one. Both books use a similar technique and have the same author.
  • Stash Magic reminded me that I could make my scraps up into fabric then cut out a star or another simple pattern to use it up. The quilt we made this year, color block log cabin could have been in this book; I loved using up lots of scrap in the log cabin quilt .

Last night (I mean this morning 3 a.m.) I finished another quilt that I'll post at my other blog; thequilterupstairs.com some time tomorrow.

No comments: