Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Andrew's thingy


Last year Andrew asked for an Arduino for his 12th birthday. What did you ask for for your 12th? I've lived with this thing for 6 months and I'm still not sure what it is. (the green computer looking thing is the arduino.) I know it's; 'a programable'......thingy. Every once in a while he'll tell me that he has to go to Radio Shack or Fry's and get something....we go, he gets it. I'm still not sure what I gave birth to 12 years ago....is this a child? Or a geek in a child's body?
He is taking theater and loves it...no one else was interested.... He does not mind throwing a fit in school; nothing embarrasses him. Although he did come and talk to me about one of his latest disappointments instead of acting it out....He was in a play last year; he was a fish in 'The Little Mermaid' We taped it and his voice is about the only one that is heard and understood in the show.

Here is posing with a baby blanket I knit last year. I also have one of him posing in an apron I made for the girls. He's always willing to hold a quilt for photographs; so is Jeffrey, but Jeffrey makes sure very little Jeffrey is visible.
It is always interesting around Andrew. He is constantly learning new things about the world around him. For years he would rather read nonfiction than fiction so he will share the odd things he learns with us.
He has decided to read The Book of Mormon and so I've learned that it is really hard for a parent to insist on the lights out when your child is reading scripture. He thinks it will take less than the year it took our family to read it. I could guarantee it; He devours books. He told me it is exciting to read a true story that isn't boring.

I couldn't think of a thing to write about this morning Mom; so decided to look for a picture of Jeffrey and write about it....can you tell I'm easily distracted?

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

he is an interesting brother. Got in trouble a lot as a little one.. :)