I made chicken vegetable rice soup. since my daughter in law can't have noodles I took my chicken noodle soup recipe and added rice. It worked out great; I started about 3.
- chop 1 onion and fry it in a bit of oil in saucepan
- add 4 cans of chicken broth and garlic powder
- have the grand kids chop the carrots.. works great when you have something like this.
- add carrots and bag of mixed vegetables; put it on low and leave for 45 minutes..the secret is to over-cook those frozen green beans.
- add 1 cup rice and a diced up chicken breast.
- 30 minutes later add the diced up left over chicken from last night and the rest of a bag of spinach; turn the heat off and pick up your son from band practice. Add some water if it is too thick. Eat.