I sewed 120 triangles together and they were 1/8 to big at every point...that adds up really fast so it didn't fit. I kept the vision; although I argued with myself repeatedly about how lovely the quilt was with just the plain border... I redid the math; the sizes were right. I examined the seams; obviously larger than the triangle seams. So I ripped apart every other triangle and then just resewed the remaining seam. Last night I marked the lines to make sure the points lined up and pinned the new and improved border on. Oh, my, there were 6 triangles that were clearly to large to ease in. The plain border was looking even better to me. I went to bed.
At midnight the solution came to me.It involved a lot of ripping-remember half of the seams had been sewn twice. At 2 a.m. I went back to bed with 2 borders fixed and a plan for the other 2. It involved paper piecing the 8 sections that had to be redone. I'm NOT going to do a border like this again for a LONG time.
Stash busting for week 14
I bought no fabric this week;
I used no fabric up this week.
year to date;
in 13.43 yards
out 64.4 yards
used 50.97 yards MORE than I purchased this year.
It's looking like I'll have 2 projects finished next week.