I ran out of linen and HAD to run to the quilt shop and get a batik that would go with it. The bag was pretty simple to make IF I hadn't quilted the straps! Turning the straps was impossible. I ended up turning them half at a time; out through the seam that I opened up in the lining.
Stash busted with this... well not so little bag; 3 1/2 yards! Honest that's what the pattern calls for and then I used an extra 1 1/2 yards for the extra interlining that I used to back the quilting before putting the lining on. So I busted this week 5 yards.
Only one of those pieces does not fulfill a specific 'need.'
I am working on a stripe quilt and a reproduction quilt so it's clear that I NEEDED all 5 1/4 yards!
I have to admit 1 fat quarter was just cause I love double pinks. that brings my purchases up to 5 1/2 yards. :(
Stash Report for Week Number 13
So my stash busting report:
In: 5 1/2 yards
Out: 5 yards
Year to date:
In: 13.43 yards
Out: 64.4 yards
Year to date: I have used 50.97 yards more than I've purchased.