Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Sampler


I decided to work on this since I hit a roadblock on the pinwheel quilt. I had an unfortunately habit of half quilting a quilt, then binding it and waiting until it needs to be washed to finish the quilting. So although I haven't heard of anyone doing this I put the bound, 1/4th quilted, quilt in the long-arm. I'd gotten in the ditch quilting done on both sides of the sashing on my domestic machine. A few of the blocks also got quilted on my home sewing machine.

So now how do I check the tension without any scrap next to it to check on?
Is this going to give me a major headache?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you figured it out. I would think the quilting on it would have stabilized it and it wouldn't be a big deal. Just keep checking the back for tucks, maybe?