My Mother is working on Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt. I told her I'd locate and send her some yellow fabric. I located some and stacked it neatly and lost it. I hunted for 3 days and finally went through my stash again and sent her some different ones. I found the first stack of yellows last night and here they are.
If my Mother would choose which ones she wants I will send them but I realize it may be too late or she likes the ones I already sent better. She only needs 2-3 to finish her yellow blocks so I hope she LOVES what I found in my 'shop'. (The keys are for scale.)
Of course most scraps tell a story so here are mine; from the top down.
- from a quilt back
- I believe this is from my Grandmother's fabric collection
- scraps from my first maternity dress; 1978
- butterflies-very small piece- because my Mother collects butterflies.
- old fashioned ?
- sunflowers, because they make me happy
- scrap from the group of square dance dresses my Mother made when I was a child-I think.
- stripe-? (no story)