Tuesday, October 7, 2008

slipcover



I bought this chair at Salvation Army several months ago and the fabric was truly gross. I pulled it off and threw some muslin on it so it could be used. What want to do is make a matelasse slip cover but since that fabric is a bit dear I thought I'd try something cheaper. You are looking at $6. curtains from the closest thrift store and the piping was a $1 plaid dress from a different thrift store.  It took a long time 'cause I wasn't sure I wanted a red and white plaid slip-cover; but it looks fresh and will do for awhile...AND I used 2 zippers!
Now I can get rid of the pile of red and white fabric and the old covers that were on the floor of the sewing room.

I'm working on another project that will become my next give away. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

Sneaky I didn't know you even had bought that chair. Good work though.