Monday, October 6, 2008

monday archives



This is a 6 inch bow-tie quilt (66 X 96).  I organized the first of many exchanges with the Baytown Quilt Guild with this block; the blocks were due May 18, 1989 and then I put this together pretty quickly. We had just painted the trim in one of our bedrooms turquoise and I was trying to get a turquoise quilt.  I put one of the few turquoise fabrics I found on the back and bound it so that only the front has a visible binding since the calico didn't go very well with the turquoise. It is reversible;
although I never put it on the bed upside down. It has gotten well used in the last 19 years and has 2 fabrics that are falling apart so it needs to be mended BUT I haven't finished quilting it yet! Some of the blocks around the edge were not quilted...so When will it get FINISHED?...  I don't count it finished until it has a label.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I just made my daughters bed and swished my first 'propper' quilt on top and thought to my self when will I ever finish you???? It is tightly basted and the backing has been rolled over to the front to look like binding ... oh well...
I really love your texas flag inyour side bar! I am going to be in texas later in the month ... too excited for words! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment!