Monday, September 1, 2008

a town like alice

Our Relief Society has a book group; this is the first time I actually read the book. After reading the book we get together at someone's home and discuss it and then have a potluck dinner with the book being the theme.
The book is; A Town Like Alice by Neville Shute. Oh my word, I enjoyed reading it. Historical fiction is my favorite but I wasn't sure I wanted to read about the Japanese camps in Malaya during WWII. Actually they never made it to a camp; they just wandered around the country since nobody wanted them. Alice is in Australia; the book doesn't get to Australia until 3/4 ths of the way through it. Interesting book.
So now my job is to find something to cook that is Australian... or I could do Malaysian... rice or fish soup? They did have chicken once and wild pig.

No comments: