Monday, July 21, 2008

fashion district


Here I am in the fashion district buying enough minky for 2 baby girls blankets...at 6.99 @ yard. I bought some white linen for a skirt and some outdoor fabric to make a cushion for my outside chair. I don't know where my brain was cause I found quilting fabric.. the good stuff.. for $5.00 @ yard instead of 8-9 that it is in the local quilt shops and I didn't buy ANY. I could not think of a single quilt that I needed fabric for. Now I've remembered 2. Liz's wedding quilt-I'll need white on whites; and a Christmas quilt I'm ready to put together; I could have gotten the back for it.
Next time I visit my daughter...I'll plan better AND I'll go by myself.
Everyone said it was a rough part of town and I should take someone with me. I've already looked up the bus to get there. I'd only have to walk 1 mile each way.

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

I wish I could have been there so beautiful. Next time you can go with me instead of by yourself!