Friday, June 27, 2008

shrimp and penne pasta

I invited the missionaries over for dinner. I took the boys to 'wall-e' and then to the grocery store to figure out what to fix. HEB is a grocery store around here that gives samples. We got to try a shrimp dish that was very good and they claimed it would be very fast. I bought the special sauce; goat cheese pink peppercorn dip, then the rest of the stuff plus some, so here's my recipe;

Shrimp and Penne pasta
1 lb. med. shrimp, cooked
1 small onion diced
4 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper, diced
1 package of mushrooms
1 jar goat cheese peppercorn dip
(which is goat cheese, olive oil, garlic, and peppercorns-next time I'll forget the sauce and just get some goat cheese)
1 lb. penne pasta
1 pint whipping cream

fry the mushrooms, onion, pepper, and garlic in a bit of olive oil
boil the pasta (I used whole wheat Penne)
cook the shrimp, peel and chop.
add the goat cheese and the cream to the onion mixture.
Toss together. reheat and serve.

The original recipe had no vegetables so it would have been much faster. I made a double batch and we have loads for tomorrow.

We had zapped zucchini, salad and strawberry shortcake.

I was glad I made a pasta dish since the missionaries must have been hungry; they each had 3 servings.

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

sounds delicious. you should come over to my house and cook some... dang it no house yet.