Wednesday, February 13, 2008

find of the week (last week)




Last week as I was fixing my daughters birthday gift box I realized I could either fill the box with bubble wrap or I could go to the thrift store and see if I could find one more wee baby outfit to fill in the space. I went to 2 thrift stores; in the second I found a pristine, never used 'Joy of Cooking' cookbook. Above you can see how badly I needed it. My husband gave me one for Christmas, our first Christmas together, 31 years go. I have used it a lot. My daughter would love to have the cookbook that she grew up with. I really need to replace my broken down, well used cookbook.
I mailed her the cookbook. Do I love my daughter, or what?

She called and had found a squirrel recipe; she was sending her husband out to shoot a squirrel. Is there a season for squirrels? do you need a license? did he get one? was she just making fun of my cookbook gift? Did it taste grreeat? inquiring minds want to know.

1 comment:

Liz Johnston said...

Actually it was a joke. I really enjoy reading the cookbook because it teaches so much. But I must say that reading too much about small game forces me to but the book down- stomach is not as strong as it once was.