Tuesday, December 18, 2007

chinese chews

I blew it. Over at Boomama is a Christmas home tour. I started looking around and found a blog that had posted a cookie called Chinese Chews. I wrote the recipe down with no reference, thinking it would be easy to find the blog again... NOT! 8,000 chances in Google to find it and although I looked at 5 pages of Google research I couldn't find it. So here's the recipe I tried yesterday;
Chinese Chews
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Cream together;
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
add;
2 beaten eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
after the above is combined add;
1 cup flour
mix, then add
1 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz. dates
Grease an eight inch square pan and then add cookies. Bake 40 minutes. When cool cut into 1 inch squares and roll in powdered sugar. Eat.

And eat they did, they are all gone 12 hours later. They are very similar to the date bars that my Mother made when I was little. Liz's husband is not crazy about chocolate, but if actions are anything to go by, he is crazy about dates. Next time I travel at Christmas time I'll take the time to gather my Christmas recipes. Most of them are already typed into the computer so it wouldn't have taken long.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

It was awesome as we passed the pan around the table that every other person it stopped at was Ryan. He really did love them.