Friday, November 16, 2007

food plan

It's time to think about Thanksgiving dinner. I found this in my cookbook;
THANKSGIVING MENU 2005
Chestnut soup
Turkey
Old-fashioned stuffing
Sweet potatoes
Corn on the cob
Green beans
Cauliflower with hazelnuts
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Vegetable plate with; Celery, Marinated mushrooms, Carrots, Olives
Aunt Avis’s fruit salad
Dessert
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Chocolate pie
Pumpkin cookies
I want to try a mashed potato recipe I saw 3 weeks ago that fixes the potatoes and puts them in a casserole the day before with eggs+ so that is one less thing to do the day of. The sweet potato casserole is definitely out but maybe a plain sweet potato since Roger likes that. Maybe the corn on the cob but not cauliflower. (We can have the cauliflower a couple days later.) I'll cut out all but the pumpkin pie for the desserts since everyone here this year likes pumpkin.
My Mother will be happy to hear that the Halloween got packed up and the kitchen cleaned. A friend came over and we made some of the things left in the dining room. The living room is almost clean and the laundry is washed. My car is fixed. Tomorrow is the Christmas home tour that I go on every year (unless I'm getting ready for a wedding).

1 comment:

Angela S said...

That is a huge list of food! Honestly I'd take the plain yam/sweet potato with only a touch of salt over candied or sugared up potatoes any day of the year. There is something AMAZING about plain sweet potatoes/yams. I prefer sweet potatoes over regular potatoes any day. I mean it doesn't even need butter!