Monday, April 7, 2014

More progress...and a finish!

I'm plugging away at this Irish chain;
I've got ALL the crosshatching done and this week I will concentrate on the centers. Here is the first one. I took it out of the frame to do some ripping after finishing the straight lines and decided to put the label on where it would get quilted to the back of the quilt. So it is back in the frame and ready to get quilted!

But I had to pause and make a little donation quilt for my guild;
 These are small blocks; 2.25 across. Each strip was cut at 1.25 inches. An exchange I did 18 years ago, while pregnant with Jeffrey.
 I made over 150 blocks and have never done anything with them.

So this is finished except for a label and will get turned in tonight.

Now I have 2 weeks to make a small donation quilt for the other quilt guild....wish these things were spaced out a little bit more!

No comments: