Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cinnamon Stars

My daughter is eliminating many ornaments on her tree but is keeping the cinnamon stars I made her years ago. She is making more so when I needed a few ornaments to decorate a small tree for a church meeting yesterday I made some more.
So easy. This is what I used;
The first ones I did had no glue and they are not as smooth...although if I had added more applesauce it may have smoothed out also.
I used the individual containers since no one will eat them since I have homemade applesauce. I used the empty container to measure the cinnamon. Equal parts applesauce and cinnamon, then add a couple tablespoons of glue. I tried stirring it but had better luck with my hands.
Roll it out, use a cookie cutter and then a straw works really well for the hole. I was concerned that the hole would be huge but the hole gets smaller as it dries.
I baked it for 2.5 hours at 200 degrees.

No comments: