Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pop show

Our high school choir department has one fund raiser a year; a performance with all the choirs and with solos and duets between the numbers. It is very nicely done and worth attending even if you do not have a child performing. This year Jeffrey has a solo, he will be singing 'Bring  Him Home' from 'les miseables'. Here is a beautiful rendition of it. There are 2 nights of performances, Friday and Saturday. He only does his solo on Friday, there are different soloists on each night.

Jeffrey is in several other numbers as well. I went hunting for a white suit with bell bottom pants for their 'Saturday Night Fever' number.I found a cream colored jacket and off white women's pants and a black shirt.

I took up the jacket about 5 inches in the back, lengthened the sleeves and then hemmed and changed the pants into bell-bottoms. The color doesn't match perfectly (pants and jacket) but I don't think it will matter up on stage, and he's in the back...

I got sick quickly this week and am on 3 Rx for a sinus infection. I feel much better today. I went to HEB (a grocery store) minute clinic and got in and out much faster than I would have gotten at the dr. Which was good since yesterday's schedule was tight.
  • 5:20 Roger managed to get Andrew up for Seminary! yeah!
  • 8:00 Jeffrey had to be across town (20 minute dr.) for his AP calculus test
  • 8:30-10:00 Andrew had a speech therapist appointment for an evaluation and I had an interview with the school psychiatrist. (Who recommended the minute clinic to me since she could tell I should have been in bed and moaning all morning.)
  • 10:00-11:00 I fit in going to the minute clinic and fed Andrew. (Gave him my debit card and he found something to eat at HEB, a pre-made mac and cheese that he heated up in their microwave and ate, said it was the worst mac and cheese he had ever had.)
  • 11:30-12:20 Andrew's one class at the high school
  • ran to Walgreen's and got Rx
  • 12:05 pick Jeffrey up from AP test
  • 12:30 pick up Andrew feed him and have him ready for
  • 1:00 - 3:00 Teacher coming to the house for Andrew
  • 2:00 took Jeffrey to school and back to Walgreen's for another Rx
  • 2:30 -3:30 I made a big pot of vegetable soup so I do not have to cook today.
  • 4:00-5:00 Math teacher coming to the house for Andrew
  • 6:00 pick up Jeffrey from Pop show rehearsal
  • 6:30 have Andrew in scout uniform to Scouts for an evening a selling flag subscriptions
Roger did the 6:30 run and I worked on the above suit for the rest of the evening.

No comments: