Thursday, January 10, 2013

boxes and more boxes

I'm doing a lot of this lately, I'll be doing a lot more!
Packing. I'm supposed to have an inventory of EACH item going to Storage with replacement value...theoretically they will pack for me but how do I make of list of each item if I don't do it? So I've started easy. At least 1 box a day. It's only Jan.10th and I'm ready to pack box #14!
I list each item and take a picture of it, then I can determine the value later....although how do you put a value on years of accumulation of ..say Lego..bits and pieces of many different sets?
After the storage thing I'm supposed to do the same thing with EACH item being shipped...

3 comments:

Eric Madsen said...

For legos, do it by the pound. Look online people sell it by the pound.

Laurie said...

I guess I'll go back a weigh them; thanks.

Micha said...

This sounds miserable. I like to throw stuff in boxes and have it done. I'd rather toss everything than have to be that meticulous with each box. Good luck!