Thursday, October 11, 2012

postage stamp blocks

I lived in Baytown TX for 17 years. Ten of those years I participated in an exchange 'bee' from our local quilt guild. WE exchanged blocks almost every other month for 10 years! Luckily I did not do every exchange but I did a lot. No date on the papers saved in my scrap bee notebook but I know it was before 1995.
I have 21 and 1/2 of these 6" blocks;
So yesterday I played in EQ7 trying to decide what to do with them. This morning I thought I'd share 4 options I came up with.
I took pictures of the blocks and tried to put it in as a 'fabric' not particularly successfully.
This adds dark points to make the blocks 12 inches instead of 6...I've been thinking of the stars for years but the little corner piece I saw with a similar block last week on the web, here.
 I have a quilt app on my ipad and played with it till I got this, I kept all the points the same color in this ...cause it was easier.
Notice that the quilts got very big, this is 100 x 100. This was also inspired by my ipad app. I'd use a multitude of different darks for the pinwheels.. I think. I'd also need to make a 4 more postage stamp blocks...
If I follow through on this project it will be the second quilt I've made from this exchange. The first one was a small bear quilt, made for a baby bear to hold.
Now it hangs on the wall near my long-arm. (It has flannel for the back; so simple to make and it makes me smile when I look at it.) A FINISHED QUILT!

Which one do you like the best?
Inquiring minds want to know.

3 comments:

Angela S said...

I like the second one best.

Unknown said...

Me too! Although they are all interesting.

Unknown said...

Me too! Although they are all interesting.