Thursday, September 27, 2012

berry not-pie

I have been making this berry 'not pie' for weeks now. It is different each time depending on what I have in the freezer. I started making it because I had a big bag of raspberries that had been there for 2 years and I wanted to add other berries to it and use it up. It is used. I keep buying berries and eating berries. Think of the antioxidants I am getting.

Berry 'Not Pie'
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
grease an au gratin dish.
in a big bowl put;
1/2 cup sugar and 
5 Tablespoons cornstarch and
sprinkle some salt on top. Stir.
Add a small bag of sugar free frozen raspberries,
a small bag of frozen blackberries, and about a 
cup of frozen blueberries.
Stir.
Pour into au gratin dish. Mound it up really high.
Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top and
a handful of almond slices.
Bake.
1 hour.
Let cool for several hours before serving.

 That's a lot of berries. Mound it up because it cooks way down.........
 to this ymminess.
Now If you want to go over the top serve some ice cream or pound cake with this....You could also make it a cobbler by adding stuff to the top but this is perfect the way it is.

My friend came over for lunch and this is all we ate! We could have had salad too but we didn't.


No comments: