Tuesday, June 26, 2012

knitted alligator

In May I purchased this book:
because of this pattern:
 In Denver I knitted the parts; Sunday I stuffed him with some wool batting scraps and put the parts together.


He is actually more charming than he looks in the photos. I had fun knitting him; size 3 needles are small and that green yarn is dark. Lighter yarn would have made knitting him a bit easier, luckily my Mother has one of those magnifying OTT lights that made knitting him possible.
I bought yarn for the penguin and the giraffe.Just in case I get tired of knitting hats.

*do not assume that I have taken on the job of knitting all these animals in twos. I am just doing the ones I like, not planning on knitting an ark.

2 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I am a huge Noah Ark fan, so I really love your alligator. I can't wait to see the rest of your crew!

Liz Johnston said...

I that is so cute! I love how you picked alligator first.