Thursday, May 24, 2012

Life is complicated

I was on a roll. Joined a gym. Hired a trainer. Gave up CANDY! Attended gym EVERY DAY.  For a whole 2 weeks. Got deathly ill. Must have been Pneumonia again; I was sick enough to call the dr. on the weekend and so have been taking antibiotics for almost a week. I am still coughing up a lung occasionally but not non stop like it was last Friday night.
I went to the gym again today.You'll laugh but I am working on getting out of a chair without using my hands! And walking on a treadmill for 4 minutes without holding on to the side rails for dear life. Two weeks ago it was all I could do to walk for 3 minutes...so an improvement. This is like physical therapy only more intense since weights have been added for the other core exercises.

School is nearly out. The boys have been busy. Something or 2 things every night.  I'll be glad when school is out.

Coming up with a list of things for the 15 year old to do ....

2 comments:

Marla said...

Not laughing at all! Every step, no matter how big or small, leads to the next! Keep going...it will all come together and before you know it, you'll be running on the treadmill :} !

Liz Johnston said...

The other day I was hopping up the steps at the park and carter was telling me to just walk its easier-but the hard things are the ones that make the difference. I am excited to hear about your progress.