Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jumpers


Mother bought Melissa her a jumper when we went to Houston's fabulous Christmas Store, 'The Original Christmas Store', about 1979. Now Mother has a collection of jumpers and I do too. I bought 1 or 2 for Mother's and then I kept buying them for 'her' but just kept them so now I have a collection of 'Jumpers.' I keep my eye open for them at all times. There are very few jumpers for sale any more, so sometimes several years go by before I snag a new one. this picture was taken in 2005 and I'm pretty sure I didn't find a new one until our vacation in 2009.
This year I found the small nutcracker one(top photo) in one of the gift shops at Texas Children's Hospital. 50 percent off! So probably my cheapest one ever. George Washington was found at Mount Vernon's gift shop the summer of 2009. (It seems a bit odd to have President Washington controlled sort of like a puppet.)
for some reason I can't rearrange the pictures.....

No comments: