Monday, January 10, 2011

Design Wall....sort of

This is why this project is taking so long. I hate trimming each side of it's itty bitty bits of fabric. That stack of about 45 'blocks' has been sitting around for approximately 3 months waiting for me to trim them. No longer. They are on my cleaned off cutting surface and are getting trimmed a little bit at a time. Last night 6, this morning 2 but they will get done this week.
They are the parts of this project.
If you want to see what others are working on go here for a list.

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

It's like eating an elephant....one bite at a time. :) I cannot wait to see these on that quilt. It's already gorgeous! You can do it! Rah, rah!!!

Charlene S said...

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do the grunge work especially when it will enhance such an important project. Good Luck!

Jo said...

I always keep a trimming project around...when my college kids call home and want to chat, I turn the phone on speaker and trim away. I end up getting them trimmed in no time and I didn't have the headache of dreading it!

Chris said...

I hate trimming so I try to do it as I go. Otherwise they become another UFO LOL

Quilter Kathy said...

Trimming is a terrible job! But this is a gorgeous quilt, so I'm glad you are making progress on it!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

OOh! I love this quilt! Your tedious trimming is going to make something beautiful. Keep it up!

Alycia said...

I agree, you need to have rewards - like chocolate LOL - good luck!

Gari in AL said...

I was trimming last night and complaining about it, too. but when done, isn't it nice that all the blocks play so nice with each other?