- Angela has done 'rolls.' More like biscuits but pretty good.
- Reed made Kale Chips. I haven't been brave enough to try them yet. Okay, I finally tried it and let's see if I could have tasted the honey it might have been better....tasted a bit like ...kale.
- I made vanilla wafers (that's what the boys asked for) and they are delicious.
- Italian Almond Macaroons are in the oven; an easy cookie once the skins are off the almonds; buying them with no skins doubles the price of the almonds and Andrew is very talented at getting the skins off.
- Cinnamon non-stars are ready to mix. They are one of my favorite cookies but I don't make them often since I have never figured out how to get them in the shape of a star. (Also an egg white cookie). This recipe looks very like the recipe I use from Joy of Cooking. I may use it this time except I really don't want to even try to get the stars this late at night...just dropping them from a spoon is okay with me this year.
- Tomorrow we are trying our hand at pita bread and
Friday, December 24, 2010
So far we have not done a lot of adventurous wheat free and dairy free cooking, but we've done some. With them leaving Sunday we will be out of time soon.