Sunday, May 30, 2010

sisterhood

It's wonderful to have 3 extra boys here. My younger sister and 3 of her children are visiting and we stayed up till 2 AM visiting last night (and then I didn't get to sleep until 4!) and worked on sorting piles of fabric. We were up and at church by 9AM so I'm ready to go to bed. We looked through some of my projects, she has never seen any of them. (The last time she visited was 11 years ago, she came and stayed with me the last 2 weeks of my son's life. With 4 little boys to tend there was no time to sit and cry, it really helped me to have her but we did not have time to look at stuff or much visiting time either.) I'm sure she thought I finished everything I start; she sure knows better now though. While the family played the Wii we ripped the border off one quilt and one of the blocks out of the triangle madness.
I've identified 2 possible projects for my OPAM next month. I'll take pictures of them and post them so I'll be more likely to work on them all month instead of waiting until the last week.

2 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

I miss my sister. Nice to have a sister. Thanks for having two girls. So we could be sisters.

Angela S said...

I didn't realize it had been that long since you saw them. I mean Mel and Reed both hadn't seen M since he was two or so, thats how they remember it. She is lovely though, I could just feel the love radiating off of her.