I got this wild idea to make a quilt for our bishop.
I cut out the white pieces and handed them out to members of our congregation so they could embroider their family name on it. I'm pretty sure I didn't know what I was doing. I remember resewing most of the seams since 'no one knew what 1/4" was!' Later I learned that the edge of MY pressure foot was bigger than a 1/4" and that is the measurement I was going with. I did a lot of embroidery; for people that didn't turn their blocks in, for people that had moved away, and for some organizations within the church. I can see the troop #459 that I did.
I wish I had a better picture.
Almost all of the quilting was done by the old ladies in our ward.