Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Zipper Post



One day I'll make something really cute using a zipper and you'll be sorry you decided to skip over all the zipper posts. Meanwhile I made myself another little bag for my purse. This one is strictly for receipts that I need to keep track of for my business or for medical reimbursements.

This is a big deal for stash reduction :) I had 75 zippers and now I'm down to; drum roll please; 64!

Hey I have plans for those zippers;

  • a cool camera case
  • a cool GPS case for my purse
  • a cool________for my________.

Please fill in the gaps 'cause I can't think of a thing.

3 comments:

Nann said...

I went to a craft show and bought a brooch made out of zippers. They were metal zippers, separated, with the tape trimmed close to the teeth. The resulting metal strips were coiled tightly and glued, tape side down, to a wooden pin back. (My sample is heart-shaped but a star, square, or circle would work just as well.)

At the time I thought, "I can do that!" That was ten years ago and I haven't...yet....

Karen E. Overton said...

I've been making small bags myself and could really use some zippers! If you have some you'd like to resale (small ones) I'd love to make an offer! karen@quiltsnkaboodle.com

Karen E. Overton said...

I just did a search to read all your "zipper posts" -- how inspiring! I'm wanting to make more and more pouches now -- loved the little pill zippered pouch! Can't wait to see what you do with ALL of them!! thanks for sharing!!