Saturday, January 5, 2008

pumpkin pie?

Dec 22 I found this recipe for Cafe' Pecan Pumpkin Pie. I must have a death wish. I bought the ingredients while visiting my son and daughter-in-law but didn't get it made. Tonight is a church pot luck so I thought I'd better make it now or it will nag at me until I make it for the 4 of us and then we explode from too much fat. The pie is very good but not worth the extra calories that the cup of butter added.
I also tried the recipe Angry Chicken recommended for Marshmallows. See I told you I had a death wish, although these have no fat in them but by the time they are dipped in chocolate that will not be the case. The marshmallows were very good and even though I'm not a fan of marshmallows I liked them. However they are not as great as, well fudge, divinity, cake or almost any homemade cookie. They were easy to make and I will make them again since the boys think they are so COOL.
Then I made chicken tortilla soup which I'm really liking. It has a chicken broth base but with 1 can of crushed tomatoes which makes it taste cleaner and lighter than a regular tomato based soup.
I'm tired. Roger is sick. I need to set up a book on tape for him to listen to.
Good night.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I just found your blog, and when checking out your Etsy shop I saw that you live in Friendswood! I am also married to an Engineer (Chemical) and we lived in Friendswood for 5 years while he worked for Amoco in Texas City, and for Exxon for a little while, before we moved to Kingwood (where I grew up) there in the little Heritage Part Pointe neighborhood...our first house. That was when I learned to quilt, and Quakertown Quilts was my quilt store!

It's a small world, even in Blogland!