Tuesday, January 22, 2008

heart quilt


This is one of my Valentine quilts. It was an exchange done with the Gulf Coast Quilt Guild in Alvin, Tx in 2001. I was a member of that guild for a very short time. Actually since I find it very difficult to say no to exchanges I quit going so I wouldn't hear about them. I machine quilted this and trupuntoed some hearts in the background but they are impossible to see. I love my quilting each heart background is different. I remember my favorite quilt of those made had other hearts made; red with a white background and she alternated the red and white blocks.

(My husband is such a better photographer than I am I may have him retake this picture- if the sun will shine- then I will edit this part out and you'll be able to see the quilting.)

2 comments:

Andrea (Annie) said...

I love the heart quilt! Very cute and festive for Valentines Day.

bj said...

ahhh, what a fabulous little quilt. I love it!
bj