Thursday, May 31, 2012

May block

I can't believe it's almost June. I chose 2 different ideas for the month of May. Fist I did a pieced 6" basket for May Day:

Then I decided that Mother's day was more important and I pieced a 'house on a hill' house and appliqued it to some ground and the fancy sky fabric that suggests a sunrise.
Mother's block is a house with a birthday cake in the window with 3 candles- very small candles since her birthday and 2 of her daughter's birthdays are in May.

Just so happens that Thursday is applique day over at Angie's blog. I linked up with her...some Thursday I will have a current project. This month quilt is a series I am doing all year to motivate me to finish the blocks for my Mother.

1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

What a cute house block! And are you making a quilt for mom or just gifting her with blocks? Thanks for linking with Applique Thursday - I like your eye candy.