Sunday, November 2, 2008

new name

My business license was purchased last week in the name of.... drum roll here please....
The Quilter Upstairs. I've applied for a tax number; 3 weeks for that to get processed. So meanwhile I'm lining up some 
  • charity quilts to make, 
  • 3 Christmas panels I have,
  • digging out some fabric from my Goodwill bag to use for my first try,
  • finishing a Trip Around the World that will be great done with a pantograph, and
  • Austin's new quilt.
Then I need to design the quilting for some more difficult things to finish; for instance
  • a black Irish chain, 
  • a strip Chrismas Star that NEEDS trupunto,
  • and a white and blue 3" double 9-patch that will really show off the quilting, and
  • the gingham quilt that will have ISSUES.
The Golden Needle suggested I stockpile some meals so I won't have to cook when the machine comes. What an excellent idea! So I have plenty to do for the next little bit... 

1 comment:

Micha said...

That is really exciting!