Monday, June 30, 2008

blackberry delight

This is my entry for Works for me Wednesday, too. It's called killing one bird with 2 stones oops that should be killing 2 birds with one stone. Kathy over at Kathy's cottage is sharing summer recipes and I just have to jump in and share this great, simple recipe I got from Norma Trunnell about 25 years ago. (If you go to my sidebar and click on recipe y'all will find about 35 other postings of recipes.) My daughter called me last week asking for the recipe.

Blackberry Delight

Container of pineapple sherbet
bag of frozen blackberries
3 bananas

Keep the blackberries frozen but soften the pineapple and throw in a larger bowl (that has a cover and will fit in your freezer). slice/dice the banana into the sherbet add the blackberries stir and refreeze. Serve. If you want to get fancy add one of those fancy, expensive, thin cookies by Jules Destrooper that I use in a great Lemon 'ice cream' bar blogged about earlier here.
Have you ever heard of an easier dessert? It's delish and doesn't heat up the kitchen.

edit; I just made a batch and 2 bananas look like enough. I used a potato masher to initially smush and stir up the sherbet; then used a spoon to gently stir the 1/4-1/2 slices of banana and then added the blackberries.

Jeanne asked if you could use fresh blackberries...sure you can but freeze them first so they don't get smashed when you stir the sherbet.

7 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

This sounds just right for a hot summer day! Thanks for sharing:>)

Gone said...

AWESOME!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this sounds so cool and refreshing. And, it is all good things. I believe we will be trying this at our house. Thanks for sharing.

Heidi said...

Hi Laurie, I am new to your blog...what a wonderful way to meet!..This dessert sounds absolutely wonderful!!! & you're right...SO EASY! I read your profile...I am EXACTLY like you...obcessed with sewing & quilting, etc., but can think of every excuse not to diet & exercise! I am trying though!!! I need to do it all! Will be back very soon to visit!....heidi :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie, My first visit to your posts and I am loving the easy dessert you have shared. I wonder if you can use fresh blackberries. My side yard is getting ready to burst with wild blackberries. I live in the mountains and my front yard is a slope next to a stream. Blackberries love to grow here

Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne

Reed Stone said...

OK, So I know I am a geek because I was wondering why I saw food instead of a Blackberry like this one. Love You mom.

Liz Johnston said...

So yesterday I put a few scoops of OJ concentrate, water, few scoops of blackberry delight and 3 ice cubes in the blender oh and a small vanilla yogurt. SO GOOD.