Wednesday, December 19, 2007

wrapping 'paper'

Over at Rocks in my Dryer there is a Works for Me Wednesday that I participate in occasionally.

Here's my last minute wrapping idea...it's not so last minute since I've been working at it for years. 20 years or so ago I bought my first piece of Christmas fabric for a Christmas quilt. 7? quilts later I have a bit of Christmas fabric in my stash. I usually buy it when it is really cheap and I don't cut it for a fabric bag, but I might fold it in half. I can wrap some really big gifts this way. I use a basting stitch, so it's easy to rip out if I ever decide to put it in a quilt, fold in half right sides together, fold the top down and press (for the 'hem') stitch on 2 sides, turn, insert gift, close with curling ribbon or pipe cleaner. After Christmas fold and put back with other fabric so if you NEED it for a quilt you can find it. (Sorry there is no picture but we are traveling; there is a poor shot of three here, if you enlarge the picture you can see a holly one in the foreground and a blue one in the background and on the floor a patchwork looking one.) Well it works for me!

No comments: